Author Topic: An UnKnown Error Has Occurred  (Read 8573 times)

jhorak101

An UnKnown Error Has Occurred
« on: May 22, 2007, 03:44:34 AM »
Hello All

I am using the Un Registered version ver 1.5 and when decoding files Outlook Express Gives me an UNKNOWN ERROR   Configuration Port 0 secure (SSL):0 Code800c013f  Can anyone tell me what the fix is for this?  Is it because it is the Un Registered version ?   

yDecode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: An UnKnown Error Has Occurred
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 04:24:47 PM »
This error is probably not due to yDecode - even though there are limitations in the demo it should not produce "unknown error" - this error is a result of something Outlook Express did on its own. The most common error associated with yDecode is "server cannot be found" usually produced when you don't run yDecode but try to open newsgroups (this is simply how yDecode operates) but obviously you have yDecode up and running correctly and configured well.

As the information on Microsoft site suggests:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/241256

800c013f error could happen due to a limitation of Outlook Express having a limit of not being able to join more than 255 parts of a multipart post. That said, you may also want to know that yDecode can decode multiparts automatically - if you enable multipart decoder it will automatically scan posts you download for multiparts - detect if one of them is a multipart and finally when you click on part #1 it will download entire post as a sequence automatically joining parts into a single post. Of course, yDecode itself doesn't have any limit on how many multiparts a post consists of. It may easily join 10 or 1000 headers into a single post all automatically.

You might want to inform yourself about how multipart decoder works - please read the help file regarding this or just follow up this post if you have any further questions.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2007, 04:28:44 PM by Zvonko »

jhorak101

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 02:51:12 AM »
has this glitch in Outlook Express been reported to Microsoft ?

yDecode

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 05:51:36 PM »
If it is already on the http://support.microsoft.com/kb/241256 page then I suppose it is. I just picked this info from their site - and yes, Outlook Express has limitation of only 255 files for its multipart joiner, tried this myself. yDecode has no such limitation in its own multipart decoder. Maybe this has been fixed in Windows Mail (I really don't think they will be developing Outlook Express anymore because that's its successor) - I'd have to check this out but like I said if you use yDecode for multiparts handling (which is also way easier) this limitation does not matter.

What exactly are you trying to do when you get this error? Do you try to combine multiparts as the error code suggests?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2007, 05:57:31 PM by Zvonko »